Kelly Brough - Donor
"I grew up in a small town in Montana, and the library was only a block from my home. The librarian there introduced me to the world outside Havre, Montana – current issues, authors, philosophers and so much more. With all the time I spent there, the library became a safe, welcoming place for me – a geeky girl who was a slow reader but loved to learn. Library systems, like Denver Public Libraries, offer that same safe space, whether virtually or in person, for countless children and their families today. We know that libraries are key to the strength of our communities, offering places where people learn, share ideas and grow."
Choosing a favorite book would be a tall task for Kelly. Here are some of her favorite authors and one book for each:
- Maya Angelou – I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
- Sharon Creech – Walk Two Moons
- Barbara Kingsolver – The Bean Trees
- John Green – The Fault in our Stars
- Junot Diaz – The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao