Did You Know...
The Denver Public Library provides welcoming spaces where everyone can explore, learn, create, connect, grow and thrive for free. Our 26 locations make up the most-visited cultural attraction in Denver.
By the Numbers
- Over 6.8 million annual online visitors
- Over 4 million annual in-person visits
- Over 2,700 daily in-person visits at Central Library
- 9.2 million physical and on-line items circulated annually
- 97,000 physical items on hold daily
- 108,000 digital items on hold daily
Twenty-six years ago, the Denver community embraced the newly completed Michael Graves Building at the Denver Central Library which, to this day, continues to foster a culture of exploration, innovation and enterprise.
Now, our well-used and treasured building needs to be re-envisioned to create welcoming spaces that accommodate the programming needs of our changing world. In 2017, Denver voters passed the Elevate Denver Bond, providing the initial $38 million to initiate a 120,000 square foot library renovation that will welcome more library stories, bringing people together to share information, ideas and experiences. To actualize the full vision for the library's renovation, the Friends Foundation has launched a $34.4 million comprehensive campaign that includes programmatic funding and endowment support to enrich our community for the next generation of users.
Central Building Renovation
- Large Program Space (14,000 sq. ft.)
- Children's Library (14,000 sq. ft.)
- Teen Space (12,000 sq. ft.)
- Outdoor Play Space (6,000 sq. ft.)
- First Floor Commons (8,700 sq. ft.)
- Modernized & Re-imagined East & West Entries
- Improved and Increased Study, Reading & Conference Space
- BUILDING NAMING OPPORTUNITIES
- CAMPAIGN PLEDGE FORM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up here to learn more about how we impact the lives of people in our community.