To our DPLFF Community,
Wherever you are, please know the Friends Foundation staff is thinking of you! As we navigate these times of uncertainty together, we hope you are healthy, safe and taking care of each other.
The Denver Public Library (DPL) has a clear vision: “A strong community where everyone thrives.” As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, in order to realize this vision, the health and safety of our customers and staff must be our top priority. With this in mind, I would like to share a few updates on how the Friends Foundation is responding to these developments in partnership with the larger DPL system:
- Working remotely: The Friends Foundation staff is now working remotely. While we are still settling into this new arrangement, we are ready to serve you! Regarding meetings or visits with the Friends Foundation, staff members are offering the opportunity to connect virtually via phone, videoconference, etc. Should you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift processing and acknowledgment: During these difficult times, we are committed to helping the library advance its important work through philanthropy. We welcome and encourage your charitable support! Please be patient regarding delays in gift processing and/or acknowledgment as we transition to a remote work arrangement - particularly for gifts sent via ground mail. For faster processing and more timely acknowledgment, we strongly encourage you to make your gift online.
- Used book operations: Due to the closure of all DPL locations, including downtown’s Central Library, we have suspended our used book operations until further notice. Consequently, we are unable to accept book donations or fulfill online Amazon orders at this time. Additionally, our Red Chair Bookshop will be closed until further notice.
- Events: Due to the closure of DPL, many of our events are currently being postponed or canceled. We will be communicating these schedule changes as they arise.
We would love to keep in touch! Here are some great resources for staying informed about what’s happening at DPL and the Friends Foundation:
- DPL COVID-19 Information Page (includes ways you can still engage with DPL!)
- Visit our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram pages
- Email us!
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times. Please keep in touch, be safe and know how grateful we are for your steadfast support of DPL and the Friends Foundation.