Thank You for Your Support
Whether decked out in black tie or banned book attire (we saw you, Harry Potter, A Clockwork Orange, 1984, The Scarlet Letter and The Hunger Games fans...among others), nearly 650 guests filled the Central Library on October 6 in support of our 2018 Booklovers Ball: Banned.
From the moment guests walked the Schomp BMW red carpet, the evening was filled with energy, glamour, delicious food from Footers Catering, libations (including our theme-based Banned Bar) and more. Spirits were high as we closed out the evening on the Greenberg Traurig dance floor, enjoying the Music and Media area in a spectacular fashion.
Your support raised over a quarter of a million dollars to provide library materials and services for our community. We are so grateful to everyone who attended, donated and volunteered to make this year’s Booklovers Ball a success for our Denver Public Library!
We are inspired by the dedication of friends like you who make a difference in the lives of our customers each and every day. It's not too late to show your support of the library and make a gift if you missed your chance on event night - every gift matters.
Thank you for your support and for those of you who could join us in being a part of the night. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
By supporting the Booklovers Ball, you help:
- Provide access to a lifetime of learning, free of charge. Libraries are the most inclusive public institutions in our country, serving people of all ages and origins in every neighborhood. Your donations help fund programs that provide resources for job-seekers and help recent immigrants learn English.
- Raise a new generation of readers. Your contributions will help every child learn to love books and reading.
- Create community. The library provides meeting spaces for community groups and serves as a welcoming place for civic gathering.
- Preserve Denver's history and culture. Your support allows the library to provide unique access to precious historical documents that trace our region's growth.
Check out our 2018 Booklovers Ball photos!
- Photobooth and event photos courtesy of event sponsor Schomp BMW - on Facebook
- Table and event photos by RKIVAL Legacy
- Additional guest photos by Sherry Spitsnaugle
Thanks to our 2018 sponsors:
Wipfli/Bauerle | Denver Art Museum | Humphries Poli Architects, gkkworks | CannonDesign | Junior League of Denver | KPMG | Lincoln Hills Cares | M.A. Mortenson | Megastar Financial | OverDrive | Ingram Content Group
Anton Collins Mitchell | Ballard Spahr | Bartlit Beck Herman Palenchar & Scott, LLP | BBVA Compass | The Burkett Family Foundation | The Chotin Foundation | Colliers | Davis, Graham & Stubbs, LLC | Kentro Real Estate | Kutak Rock | Leon Capital Group | Susie Limmer | Midwest Tape | Moody Insurance | Metropolitan State University Denver | Mutual of Omaha Bank | studiotrope | Swinerton | United Properties | Wember