The Council for Western History and Genealogy
Few things in the world are as unmistakable as the American West. From its roots as the home of Native American tribes to the Gold Rush of the 1800s to the cultural megaplex of Denver, the American West is iconic and loved for its expansive beauty, rich history and bountiful future.
The Western History and Genealogy Department at the Denver Public Library is dedicated to sharing resources and providing services about the West. And now, a group of enthusiastic Western history-loving friends have joined to create the Council for Western History and Genealogy to heighten the important work of the library.
We invite you to join the Council for Western History and Genealogy. The Council is dedicated to supporting and enhancing the Western History and Genealogy Department's standing, collections, and ongoing work at the Denver Public Library.
As a member of the Council, you will join with other Western and genealogy enthusiasts who wish to be identified with the work of this great department. With your help, we will build a stimulating forum and support network, including lively periodic programs and events, and regular communication about the activities and collections at the library. Council support will enable the library to augment its limited funding to preserve its materials, acquire an important work or collection when it becomes available, or assist in specialized programmatic activities.
There is no charge for membership. But if you wish to make a financial contribution, you will receive the following benefits:
Colleague: $100 - $499
- Invitation to annual donor appreciation reception
- Listing in the Library's annual report
- E-newsletter for Council updates
- Notice of periodic lectures and other Council events
- Periodic listings of opportunities to donate to priority needs
Prospector: $500 - $999
- All of the above benefits, plus an opportunity to meet with staff and receive an in-depth tour of a selected collection or behind-the-scenes work area
Explorer: $1,000 +
- All of the above benefits, plus an opportunity to attend a coffee and chat session with the department manager regarding current priorities, programs and work of the Western History and Genealogy Department