The Denver Public Library Friends Foundation
The Denver Public Library Friends Foundation enriches our community by building support and raising money to enhance the Library's programs and services.
When you join us, you'll:
- Encourage over 43,000 kids to keep their love for reading alive thanks to our hugely successful Summer of Reading program
- Assist nearly 14,900 parents and their children with English language, citizenship and literacy programs
- Help many grateful adults connect to the world with expert technology assistance
- Put thousands of new books, CDs and DVDs on the shelves every year
Join Our Mailing List
Opens September 20
at the Central Library!
Tuesday - Saturday, 10 am - 4 pm
support the Friends!
Bucket List of Benevolence
Posted on 10/26/2015
Want to spread some positivity in your life? Create a benevolent bucket list. Think of it as a “Kind Acts” list where you write down things to do to spread happiness and positivity in others’ lives. Focus on how to benefit your personal community and acts of kindness that can be anonymous. Here are just a few items that should definitely be on your bucket list of benevolence:
- Leave flowers on a stranger’s doorstep
- Leave $5 in a book at a bookstore
- Start a gratitude journal
- Donate to a nonprofit
- Volunteer for a community event
- Run a charity 5K
- Pay for coffee for a stranger
- Make a mixed CD for a friend
- Donate canned food for a food drive
- Leave inspirational messages on sticky notes in a public place
- And some of your own!