The Denver Public Library Friends Foundation
The Denver Public Library Friends Foundation enriches our community by building support and raising money to enhance the Library's programs and services.
When you join us, you'll:
- Encourage over 43,000 kids to keep their love for reading alive thanks to our hugely successful Summer of Reading program
- Assist nearly 14,900 parents and their children with English language, citizenship and literacy programs
- Help many grateful adults connect to the world with expert technology assistance
- Put thousands of new books, CDs and DVDs on the shelves every year
Join Our Mailing List
at the Central Library!
Tuesday - Saturday, 10 am - 4 pm
Simple Ways to Save Water
Posted on 07/20/2015
Water is a precious, limited resource that should be used wisely. The earth has its natural cycles of drought and flood, but water has become scarce and many regions are calling upon its citizens to save water in any way possible. If you’ve been following current events, you may have heard California is in an emergency drought state. You can do your little part, which will create ripple effects. Here are 10 ways to conserve water:
- Don’t water your lawn.
- Take 10 minute showers.
- Construct a rainwater basin in your backyard.
- Invest in water conservation high-efficiency appliances.
- Cook food with as little water as possible.
- Put decorative water fountains on a timer.
- Use the garbage disposal sparingly.
- Instead of building a private pool, join a community pool.
- Play less water-involved activities, like a water balloon fight.
- Spread the water-conservation word.